- Disease investigations
- Coccidial oocyst and worm egg counts
- Post mortem examinations
- Site visits and consultations
- Drinking water cultures
- Medicine, vaccine and disinfectant sales
Our on-site laboratory and post mortem room facilitate the detailed examination of birds and samples enabling us to provide results quickly, allowing prompt treatment and advice.
For a routine health check appointment or for investigation of a problem with your birds:
- Call the practice to book your appointment with the vet
- Bring 1-2 birds to the appointment and a sample of droppings from the loft
- Arrive in good time and book in at reception
- The birds will be examined by the vet – results while you wait.
For testing of dropping samples:
- Samples can be dropped off during working hours.
- Samples can also be sent by post/courier with your details attached.
– Please ensure samples conform to Royal Mail packaging requirements and that the correct postage has been paid. Please phone us before sending the samples to arrange payment.
- Results take up to 3 working days.
Dispensing of Medicines
Prescription only medicines (antibiotics, wormers and anti-coccidials) and veterinary advice can only be supplied to birds under our care and where a clinical diagnosis has been made.
To allow this:
- You must be a client of the practice
- We need to have seen your birds or tested your samples
- We must have sufficient knowledge of the birds in question
Antibiotics should only ever be used for treating bacterial diseases and should never be used routinely or for non-specific conditions.
Non-prescription products can be readily supplied to any registered client:
- Rehydration salts – essential in cases of loose droppings and great following a long race
- Pre-biotics – promotes a healthy gut
- Vitamins & Tonics – used for a boost and to aid recovery. Also ideal for periods of stress
- Disinfectants – essential for good hygiene
- Probiotics (Clostat) – In-water probiotic fed daily seeds the gut with healthy bacteria and enhances gut health.
Stay in touch with us
Sign up for the Sandhill Veterinary Services newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest industry news and advice.