The Sandhill Laboratory
The Sandhill Laboratory has been established specifically to test samples of avian origin.
The majority of testing for clients is done in our own laboratory but some tests are undertaken for us by specialist laboratories throughout the U.K.
Laboratory tests available include:
- Worm egg counts on faeces and litter
- Coccidial oocyst counts on faeces and litter
- Grouse Trichostrongylus worm counts
- Salmonella testing
- Hygiene swab cultures
- Drinking water cultures
- Bacterial and fungal cultures
- Hatchery debris analysis
- Serological testing of bloods
- Post mortem examination of carcasses.
In overall charge of the laboratory testing is our Laboratory Technician, Robert Gillespie with post mortem examinations being undertaken by the Veterinary Surgeons, Richard Byas, Laura Langstaff and Dan King.
Stay in touch with us
Sign up for the Sandhill Veterinary Services newsletter to keep up to date with all the latest industry news and advice.